Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mini Sewing Machine

At the beginning of spring break, Boyfriend Cat and I spent a weekend in Coos Bay. On the way back, he let me spend as much time as I wanted in a super-cool miniatures shop in Lincoln City, called Rocking Horse! I was good and only bought one thing, this cute old-fashioned sewing machine kit. 

This is what the picture on the box looked like.

I hand painted all of the silver parts with a paint pen. The drawer pulls are so small they were hard to hang on to when I glued them in. 

There was some difficulty with the wood stain, which was a bit clumpy when I first mixed it, but I think it came out looking alright.

I can just picture a tiny person sitting here, making her own tiny dresses!


I still haven't put together my dollhouse. Unfortunately, that would require being in the same city with it for any length of time. Hopefully that means it will happen this summer. Of course, I knew that any house of mine has to include a sewing machine! Now it just needs to wait for the house to be built.

-Baby Cat

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the kit! The final result is fantastic! Good tip on using the paint pen--everything looks so professional. I can't wait to see it in your dollhouse! :-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the paint pen was a huge help!

      -Baby Cat

      Delete