Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ANOTHER NANCY ANN JOINS THE CAT FAMILY!

Today my friend cat and I went to Farmhouse Antiques on 13th Avenue in  Sellwood.  Sellwood is a wonderful neighborhood in SE Portland, Oregon, in case you don't live around here.  We were looking for vintage hankies to make dolls dresses out of.  Beth, of By Hook, By Hand fame has several patterns for doll clothes that you make out of handkerchiefs!  Since I used Beth's Bleuette pattern to crochet a doll, I needed to use her doll clothes patterns to make my doll an outfit or two.   We found many fine hankies in wonderful condition, so if you're looking for some, go there.  They can fix you right up!  Anyway, I digress.

While we were looking for hankies at Farmhouse Antiques, my friend cat spied a basket full of little dolls down low on a shelf.  She exclaimed, "Look at all the little dolls!", then she bent down and picked up the basket and I was taken by surprise.  Inside it were six or seven little Nancy Ann dolls in really good condition.  Not only that, they were inexpensive.  Then, to top it all off,  They were 50% off!  Boy, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

Anyway I really scored today.  Not only did I find two really nice hankies to make doll clothes out of (you'll get to see them in a later post), but I found this adorable little doll for only $6.25!

Nancy Ann Storybook Doll




Am I lucky, or what?

If you're ever in this neck of the woods, you should check out Farmhouse Antiques.  It has all kinds of sweet little treasures that I'm sure you'll find interesting.  There's bound to be something there that'll be to your liking!

-  Momma Cat

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wonderful finds! I'm looking forward to seeing the dresses you'll make from the vintage handkerchiefs too. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete