I just finished putting the kit together, which included staining and varnishing each piece and making tiny cushions for each of the chairs. Although I had a little bit of trouble assembling the upper hutch--the crooked pieces and splits in the wood are a result of the difficulty in working with such tiny pieces, but I think the gaps are a result of the way the kit was when I got it--overall I am pretty happy with it as a first try and I am definitely inspired to make more miniature furniture and hopefully even a dollhouse someday! However, I shouldn't start any new big projects right now, as I am going back to school next week.
|This is the picture on the box...|
|...and this is how it turned out.|