Monday, September 17, 2012

Miniature Dining Room Set

Remember that mini furniture kit that Momma Cat and I found at the beginning of the summer? If you don't, click here and I'll link you back to it.

I just finished putting the kit together, which included staining and varnishing each piece and making tiny cushions for each of the chairs. Although I had a little bit of trouble assembling the upper hutch--the crooked pieces and splits in the wood are a result of the difficulty in working with such tiny pieces, but I think the gaps are a result of the way the kit was when I got it--overall I am pretty happy with it as a first try and I am definitely inspired to make more miniature furniture and hopefully even a dollhouse someday! However, I shouldn't start any new big projects right now, as I am going back to school next week.

This is the picture on the box...

...and this is how it turned out.
I used different fabric for the chair cushions than is shown in the picture because the original fabric was not with the box when I found it. That turned out okay because I got to choose the fabric that I liked the best!


-Baby Cat

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on these! Aren't kits fun?! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, it was so much fun, I can't wait to do another one!

    ReplyDelete