Thursday, September 18, 2014

GO DUCKS! BLANKET

A couple of days ago I went to JoAnn's with Maureen Cat to look at stuff.  That's my favorite past time!

Anyway, we were really interested in looking at all their fall and Halloween items.  I have been watching those items come in the store week by week, and it finally got to me! Maureen Cat was pretty impressed too.  

We also went for some more practical items like yarn, rotary cutting blades, stuff like that.  

One thing I was NOT looking for was some U of O fleece.  But, I was in a weakened condition, and I saw it there, on the shelf, looking all soft and cuddly.  So I succumbed and bought some.  Now, generally I'm not a big fan of camo fabric, but I think this is really cute because of all the yellow and gold, and the Duck foot, of course!

Then I went home and swiftly and quietly made this sweet little blanket.  Basically, all I did was trim off the selvages, then I turned under a 1/4 inch on all sides, basted it, then turned under another 1/4 inch on all sides, then I sewed it.



GO DUCKS!


Now, when we watch the Duck's play on those cold fall days, we can wrap ourselves in our little blanket and be warm and cheer on our favorite college team.  GO DUCKS!!!!!!


- Momma Cat

1 comment: