Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What is a Bed Jacket?

Momma Cat tells me that there was a time when every classy and modest lady owned a bed jacket, lest someone see her in her nightie when she is sick and confined to her bed. While I would prefer not to let people see me at all when I am sick, I think bed jackets are really pretty and are great for keeping you cozy while reading or crafting late at night!

This is a classic knitted bed jacket pattern that Momma Cat and I found with my Grandma's knitting and crocheting stuff.

Grandma's Bed Jacket Pattern
And here I am, demonstrating the proper way to wear a bed jacket by modeling the one I just made from Grandma's pattern:



For those of you who were wondering: yes, my hair and makeup do look this good when I am sick. (Just kidding!)

And speaking of cute vintage patterns, Momma Cat found this really cool book at the library. It is called  "A Stitch in Time" and has original patterns dating back to 1920 through 1949, along with more recent interpretations of the same patterns. I haven't made anything from it yet, but I think I photocopied about half the book before giving it back to Momma Cat!

-Baby Cat

A Stitch in Time




No comments:

Post a Comment